Following intensive negotiations by our ace Brexit Negotiator Sir Philip Haves I am delighted to announce that Sport England have agreed to pledge £4,500 towards our Crowd Funder target of £15,000 to replace the Club House Lounge Roof.
However, this welcome offer comes with a serious caveat in that we MUST actually reach the target in order to trigger the Sport England funding – no ifs no buts. As I type this at 18.41 on February 16th we have raised £11,380 from 89 individual pledges and we have 23 days left in which to achieve our goal.
I cannot thank those that have made the effort to support this initiative enough – times are hard for everybody but having this work done will remove a giant headache and set our Club up for the next 50 years. PLEASE help to spread the word to all those with BHCC connections –all contributions however big or small will help to get us over the line as they say on Match of the Day.
To contribure click on the this link Benwell Hill Crowd Funding Appeal and just look at the list of attractive offers below still to be claimed – there is plenty of incentive to contributing towards our urgent appeal :
- £500 or more, get 5 years membership of Benwell Hill CC (5 only)
- £375 or more, get an advertising board for the 2021 season at the ground for your business (5 only)
- £125 or more, get 1-2-1 coaching session with Kyle Coetzer (3 only)
- £100 or more, get a will writing service from Ncholson & Morgan (1 only)
- £100 or more, qualify for matchball sponsorship (3 only left)
- £45 or more, get a Durham CC package, including 2xT20 match tickets (2 only)
- £30 or more, get a 10% discount of your food bill at Solomans Restaurant (2 only)
- £15 or more, get a £20 food voucher for the The Stables at Whitby (1 only)
I was at the Club this morning for a short meeting to kick off the process of sprucing up the Tennis Pavilion. This will be a self help project led by the boys from Last of the Summer Wine once we are jabbed and properly allowed out. Please watch this space those with time to spare and skills to offer.
Cricket may not be too far away and Director of Cricket Kyle Coetzer has been busy sourcing new coloured clothing from his contacts in the Sub Continent. It is the intention to sharpen up this aspect of the Club`s offer to our Members in 2021 so again please watch this space.
It is great news that Swift Engineering are to be the main sponsors of our Senior Teams Coloured Clothing (thank you Ben Mussett!) whilst Solomon`s Indian restaurant have agreed to act as sleeve and collar sponsors.
Short and to the point for once – please please spread the Crowd Funding word – how brilliant would it be to pull this off?
mobile 07797 683827